Everyone in Virginia should have access to a high-quality education.
Because lawmakers have made deliberate choices over time to segregate and disinvest in communities of color and low-wealth localities, today we have deeply inequitable opportunities for students. Yet over the past few years, community advocates in partnership with education champions in the legislature have made progress — winning historic investments in our P-12 schools, with more of it distributed in an equitable way. And with a system of intentional, equity-focused policies that includes investing in schools and families, we can make high-quality education a reality for every student in every zip code.
- Fully fund the Virginia Board of Education’s revisions to the Standards of Quality (SOQ) to make sure that Virginia schools have the staff they need for every student to be successful
- Implement policies that would mitigate racial and economic segregation and help create schools that reflect the diversity of their broader communities
- Boost investment in early education to increase access, quality, and participation
- Better target resources to high-poverty school divisions so every student has the opportunity to succeed in the classroom
- Make teacher pay competitive so that we can recruit and retain the best in the profession
OUR WORK ON EDUCATION
Laura Goren 804-396-2051 firstname.lastname@example.org